There’s nothing complicated about renting a car. Just like any other product or service we can rely on the Internet in order to get what we want. These are the steps one must usually take when going for car rentals:
- Go on a rent a car company website. Easy, right?
- Check out the available cars list. Choose a model according to your needs and budget. You can get serious discounts if you rent for a longer period of time or if you become a loyal customer. Don’t forget to carefully read the car rental’s terms and conditions. You must also take in consideration that you will pay at least 150 euros on a security deposit.
- Click the “Online Booking” button. A form will pop up that you will have to fill in with all the required information regarding duration of travel, delivery and return places, additional features, and contact information (name, phone numbers, e-mail address). Send the form.
- You will receive an e-mail confirming you reservation. It will contain a registration number and contact info. Print out this e-mail in case you’ll need to contact the company during your trip and if you won’t have Internet access.
- If you haven’t received the confirmation e-mail resend your request or make a call to the rent a car company.
- Make sure you’re on time on the delivery day. Some car rental companies charge extra for delivery delays. If you know for a fact that you are going to be late call the agent and let him know about this.
- When receiving the car you must make sure that you have been given all the papers, requested accessories, and keys. Check fuel level so you won’t have to pay what you haven’t consumed. If you notice any damages like scratches let the agent know so there won’t be any issues upon returning the car.
These would be the steps you’d have to take to rent a car. If you have any suggestions or piece of advice from personal experience, please don’t hesitate to comment and share.