Are you planning a trip and thinking about a car rental? You should make an informed decision. It’s for the best. Here are some tips and tricks to save you money:
- Take your time and make sure you are well informed about car rental’s terms and conditions. Either by checking the company’s website, or by talking with the booking agent over the phone, you must look for all available information. There are certain restrictions that might constitute a reason for an extra charge. For example, the driver’s age or experience (how long ago you got your license). Request all penalty related information before making a reservation in order not to be liable to additional fees.
- If you have a choice, don’t rent directly from airport companies. Car rental companies in airports have to pay a lot of taxes for the venue. These taxes will reflect in the final price they ask customers, even by 40% more than in other locations.
- If you have to get from the airport to the city, save a day’s rental fee by taking the airport shuttle bus. Besides this saving, you’ll elude pricy airport fees.
- Traveling abroad? Consider local car rental companies. It’s very likely that they will charge you less for the same services as multinational ones, that have to spend more money in order to keep local subsidiaries.
- When returning the car, make sure it has a full tank. Most companies charge extra fuel consumption and all in all it’s better if you pay your fuel at a gas station price.
- If traveling with children, bring your own child safety seat, it will cost you less.